Main parking lot entrances are located at the intersections of Jack Warner Parkway at 21st Avenue and at Queen City Avenue. We highly reccommend entering at 21st Avenue as it less congested and offers a turning lane with a turn signal. Queen City Avenue entrance should be mainly utilized by patrons wishing to take advantage of our Handicap Parking near the main entrance to the River Market. Only patrons with proper handicap parking decals will be allowed to park in the lot closest to the building. If the market is very busy there are four nearby Public Parking lots. Two are located across Jack Warner Parkway at the Tuscaloosa Public Library and at the Mildred Warner Westervelt Transportation Museum. The others are located to the east of the River Market in the Visitor Center lot and the lot just east past the River Walk pedestrian bridge.
The Tuscaloosa River Market hosts two weekly farmers markets. The Saturday Market is open ALL YEAR LONG! Every Saturday unless otherwise posted, the market opens from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. weekly. We also have seasonal Tuesday Markets from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. starting in April to September.
• Please be patient and follow new market rules during this time.
• Do not congregate between booths or in walkways.
• Maintain at least an arm’s length distance between other shoppers and vendors, especially while you are waiting in line.
• Do NOT greet anyone at the market with hugs or handshakes.
• Avoid touching your face.
• No hand-to-hand contact will be allowed between vendors and shoppers. Point to the product that you would like, allow the vendor to bag it and set it down on the table before you pick it up.
• Do not hand vendors payments directly. Place cash and credit cards on the table for vendors to pick up. Use Apple Pay or Venmo when available. If you are able, we encourage you to set up Apple Pay or Venmo on your smartphone before you arrive and use this as a payment method. If you do use this method of payment, please sanitize your phone before you arrive and after you leave the market.
• Anyone who is feeling unwell in any way should stay home.
• Any shopper who is at a higher risk, including individuals who are over 65 and/or with underlying health conditions, should stay home.
• Please refrain from bringing your dogs to the market during this time.
Curbside pick-up will be in the 12 parking spots nearest to the River Market. You will need to indicate to the River Market staff that you are here for curbside service upon arrival. They will assign you a parking spot and your pre-ordered goods will be delivered to your vehicle. For more information about ordering for curbside service CLICK HERE.