The Farmers Market will reopen on Saturday, May 23, 2020 from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.. All customers are required to wear a face covering to enter the Farmers Market. The market will be open air and with social distancing. Curbside pick-up was such a success that we are going to continue offering this option from select vendors to our customers as well.
Customers will need to communicate directly with vendors in advance to make purchases.
VENDORS & HOW TO ORDER:
- Belle Meadow Farm - Seasonal Veggie boxes. To order, you may visit https://www.ttowngrows.com/. You will receive an invoice for your order via email. Receiving an invoice to pre-pay is your confirmation that your order request was received successfully. Your deadline to order veggie boxes from Belle Meadow Farm is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- BDA Farm - Organic, seasonal produce boxes, starting at $15. Grass-fed, humanely-raised beef and lamb available as assorted boxes and a la carte items, starting at $20. Pasture-raised eggs, $5 per dozen. Raw honey and pecans. Order online at https://bda-farm.myshopify.com/ by Thursday at midnight for weekend pick-up!
Ben's Bread - Offering a selection of hand made sourdough bread and bagels, freshly baked every Saturday morning. Please order via the website. Website: bensbreadtuscaloosa.com Instagram: @bensbreadtuscaloosa Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Breaking Bread - (3) Bagels for $5, (7) Bagels for $7, (1) Loaf for $5. Order by sending a PM through the page: https://www.facebook.com/BreakingBreadTuscaloosa/
Country Hills Farm - Fresh eggs (chicken, duck, and quail), organic seasonal fruits and vegetables, fresh flowers. Order at countryhillsfarm.com or message us using Instagram @countyhillsfarm.
- Eagle's Wings - Hydroponic Romaine Lettuce, never sprayed, no pesticides $3 per head. To order call by Friday at 5 pm - 205-333-7690.
- Emily's Heirloom Poundcakes - Please visit https://www.emilysheirloompoundcakes.com/online-store to order.
- JUST ADDED!! F&D Farm - Berries Berries - Blackberries $5 per pint, Blackberry Jam & Jelly 8oz jars for $6. Call or text Debbie at 205-757-7743 or order online at https://berries-berries.square.site/
Harbin Farm - We have canned goods available to purchase. You can place your order by phone, text, email or on facebook. Once orders are received you will receive a invoice to pay through your email. Orders must be received by 12pm Friday. Call or text 205-391-7476. Email Harbinfarm2020@yahoo.com. Facebook @Harbinfarm2020. Available for purchase Krystal's Pickles, Jelly or Relish: Bread & Butter- Pint $8, Kosher Dill- Pint $8, Hot Kosher Dill- Pint $8, Tomato & Pepper Relish- 1/2 pint $6/Pint $8, Strawberry & Peach Jelly- 1/2 pint $6, Muscadine Jelly- 1/2 pint $6.
- Lar-Rens Farm will be taking orders through their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/larrens.farm as well as by phone at 205-752-4167. Lar-Rens has frozen chicken, duck, and turkey of various sizes as well as chicken eggs ($4/doz) and duck eggs ($5/doz). Rena is also baking this week:Breads for $5: banana, apple, and artisan white. Cookies for $5: Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Raisin, & Peanut Butter. Brownies $6 for 9 in pan or $8 for frosted. Pastries for $12 a doz: Blueberry, strawberry, & cream cheese. Oodles of canned goods and can bake special requests. Cloth face masks for $5. Order by Thursday at 5:00 p.m..
- Norris Farm - has green beans - $2 per pound, squash - $2 per pound, new potatoes - $2 per pound, Fried Apple Pies - $3 each, Chocolate and Old Fashioned Pound Cakes - $25 each, Egg Custard Pies - $10 each, Jars of pineapple jalapeno jelly, regular pepper jelly, and strawberry jam - $6 each, Jars of sauerkraut - $7 each, Chow chow - $7 each, Honey – Pint $13 Quart $25, Eggs - $3 per dozen, Kale – Gallon bag $3 each. Products are available by calling 205-799-4789. Orders must be received by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday. This farm uses CashApp & Square.
- Nothin Fancy Home Cookin - 260-440-9795 - email@example.com - See full selection of goods available at: https://marketspread.com/vendor/14544/nothin-fancy-home-cookin/ All Breads are $5.00 (Wheat, Wheat Bran, White, Garlic Parmesan, Roasted Garlic & Herbs, Roasted Garlic Herbs & Cheese, Honey Garlic); Red Velvet or Chocolate Cake Donuts Dipped in Powered Sugar - $1.50, 1/2 Dozen $7.00 or 1 Dozen - $12.00 Red Velvet or Chocolate Cake Donuts with Cream Cheese Icing, Chocolate Icing or Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Icing - $2.00 each, 1/2 Dozen $10.00 or 1 Dozen $16.00; Red Velvet or Chocolate two layer cake $20.00; Jumbo Cinnamon Rolls with cream cheese icing - $4.00 each or 6 for $20.00; Jumbo Strawberries & Cream Cinnamon Rolls, Blueberries & Cream Cinnamon Rolls, Raspberries & Cream Cinnamon Rolls or Peaches & Cream Cinnamon Rolls $5.00 or 6 for $25.00; Kettle Korn or Caramel Korn $6.00 large bag or 2 for $10.00 mix and match. Any Cake Roll - $11.00 each (Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Icing, Banana with Cream Cheese Icing, Chocolate with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Icing, Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Icing, Sweet Potato Roll with Cream Cheese Icing)
- Snows Bend Farm - Customers should visit the online store. https://csa.farmigo.com/store/snowsbendfarm First time customers will need to create an account. There is a $20 minimum and orders will need to be received by 11:59 pm on Thursday.
HOW WILL CURBSIDE PICK-UP WORK?
Customers should drive to the 21st Ave. entrance of the River Market parking lot and drive east towards the River Market. Once they reach the parking lot adjacent to the River Market, they will be met by a River Market staff member. They will ask them from which vendor the customer purchased goods. The staff member will then assign a parking spot to the customer and the vendor will bring the goods to the customer's vehicle.
WHAT FORMS OF PAYMENT WILL BE TAKEN?
It is recommended that payments take place in advance directly with the vendors. Vendors will let you know which types of payment will be accepted when you reach out to them directly. Some will accept Venmo, Paypal, and Credit Cards via Square.
Some vendors will be able to accept Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) Electronic Benefits. If you plan to use SNAP, you'll need to let your vendor know and then upon arrival at the market inform the River Market staff that you need to swipe for EBT tokens. You can then use the tokens to pay the vendor. Participating vendors will accept Senior Farmers Market Nutrition Program vouchers as well as Women Infant Children vouchers directly from customers.
During these unprecedented times, food and agriculture sectors are ‘essential businesses’ and ‘critical infrastructure’ and therefore must be treated as such by allowing our farmers to continue providing food to the American public. We may be somewhat inconvenienced and we have to operate differently than we are accustomed, but these changes are necessary to maintain safe wholesome food, protect one another, and the public.
For more information about the curbside pick-up contact the vendors directly.